DELTA Express Grants
Targeted, semester-long partnerships with DELTA
Sign up to receive reminders and news about DELTA Grants and Express Grants
DELTA Express Grants solve specific pedagogical challenges, usually involving very focused, but limited, DELTA support over the course of a semester. Projects such as:
- Incorporating instructional technologies into a designed course in order to increase engagement between faculty/students, students/students, and ultimately allowing students to better engage with and understand the course content
- Using brief support and guidelines to assist an existing course in meeting national quality standards.
- Assisting faculty with using media to solve pedagogical challenges. Examples include:
- Creating virtual 3D objects students can manipulate in an immersive virtual environment.
- Creating an immersive capture of a physical environment allowing students to take a “Virtual Tour.” Students can interact with an environment that was inaccessible or one with significant previous barriers to entry.
Proposals are accepted twice a year. Proposals for fall semester are accepted for four weeks, usually between the last two weeks of August and the first two weeks of September.
Proposals for the spring semester are accepted for four weeks, usually between the last two weeks of October and the first two weeks of November.
Project support work for each awarded proposal begins in October for fall Express Grants and in January for spring Express Grants.
I’m working with a lot of unfamiliar tech tools, and it could have been a really daunting or overwhelming task, but the team’s been great, and I think those supportive relationships are one of the benefits of DELTA grants
NC State CALS lecturer
- November 27 – December 8: Application period for Spring 2024 Express Grants